Selling Files Issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Selling Files Issue

Post by Seriously on Wed May 14, 2014 8:13 am

Even though I'm not really for the whole buying of textures because I think it's lazy,
and again no offense to anyone who does I mean it's your decision, but opinions.
I get a lot of messages asking if I sell files and whatnot and figured why not sell older files that I'll
never use again, or some of the files I made but never actually used, etc.

The problem is, I don't make things in layers.  I use PaintTool Sai to paint all the textures and opacities
that I've made and I don't work in layers.

Reason why if you want to know:
I taught myself to not use layers because I wanted to take the skills I learned on the computer and
implement them onto an actual canvas.  Canvas' do not have layers, so I didn't want to get used to
having the shortcuts that you have on the computer.  Long story short, everything I do is on a single
layer canvas and I only use the paint brush tool in various sizes, which is why I use Sai.  It's stripped
and doesn't have all the bells and whistles that programs like Photoshop/Gimp/etc. have.  Again, I'm
not saying anyone who uses those programs is lazy or any less of an artist, that's just my personal justification
on why I don't use them.

I've read the rules and it says that unless I'm a trusted file seller, I can't sell flat images other than the exceptions.
Is there a way around this rule in a situation like this? I have no problem providing textures and links to their meshes
to show that it is in fact a unique texture that I painted.

I really would like to know since I don't think I'll waste my time making a shop only to be able to sell hair and eye textures.

Seriously

http://avatars.imvu.com/Seriously

Back to top Go down

Re: Selling Files Issue

Post by Asylum on Wed May 14, 2014 10:25 am

Unfortunately no. I think the only way to possibly get around it would be to film the process from start to finish on every file. For more specifics, you could ask the admin

My siren for the devils, she can't resist a little mayhem... on the side!

Asylum

Back to top Go down

Post by Lapin on Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:29 pm

Moved to correct section.

Start a new thread in the Suggestions & Feedback Forum,
so I know to get to your problem and don't lose the information!

Lapin

http://assault.altervista.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top